Often, upwards of tens of thousands of dollars.
There’s some really simple stuff you can do to maintain appliances and HVAC systems in your home so that there aren’t big costly repairs to be made (at least, not as often).
Here’s what we recommend!
- Flush Water Heater — Flush the water heater once a year to protect the appliance from sediment and hard water deposits.
- Fix Small Leaks — Have a small water leak? Fix it right away before it causes more damage. .
- Cool The Attic — Does the attic get very hot in the summer? That might not seem like a big deal, but it can actually reduce shingle lifespan and even cause rafters to bow. Install vents to cool it down.
- Clean Gutters — Clean those gutters every year in autumn to avoid broken gutters and water overfill that can drip and cause water damage.
- Replace Toilet Fill Valve — In addition to fixing a toilet that runs, replacing the toilet fill valve will also avoid future bigger problems that can be caused by inefficient toilet plumbing.
- Tighten Wobbly Railing — Notice a railing that is a little wobbly? Tightening it is an easy fix and will avoid future damage. Plus, it’s a safety risk until you fix it.
- Install a Bathroom Fan — Don’t have a bathroom fan? Or don’t have a very good one? Install a really effective bathroom fan to avoid mold and mildew build up.
Hope that helps!
If you want to sell your house as-is for a fair cash price, give us a call at (317) 526-5715! We’d love to explain our home buying process!